Mission & Vision
The mission of Southside Christian School is to serve as partners with Christian parents in providing an excellent education consistent with biblical truth.
Partnering with Christian parents to serve our community as a leader in Christian education, resulting in transformed lives equipped to reflect and extend the kingdom of God.
Southside Christian School is committed to partnering with Christian parents to serve our community by providing an affordable and accessible Christ-centered education. By attracting and retaining a credentialed core of spiritually vibrant master educators, SCS will continue to be a recognized leader in Christian education, offering model academic, athletic, and fine art programs for our students. We desire to steward the resources God has entrusted to our care through fiscal prudence by cultivating a culture of philanthropic support for the school. SCS is passionate to nurture growth in our students, participate in their spiritual transformation, and equip them to reflect and extend God’s kingdom. Remaining true to our spiritual heritage, we are committed to cultivating a biblical worldview within our students, enabling them to live effective and productive lives in service to our Lord Jesus Christ.
Our Statement of Faith
1. THE SCRIPTURE – We believe that the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are inspired by God and inerrant in the original writings, and that they are of supreme and final authority in faith and conduct. (Deut. 18:18; Jer. 1:9; Prov. 30:5; 2 Tim. 3:16; 2 Pet. 1:21)
2. GOD – We believe in one God eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matt. 3:16-17; Eph. 4:4-6; Matt. 28:19; John 14:26)
3. JESUS CHRIST – We believe that Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and is true God and true man (God-man). (Isa. 7-14; Matt. 1:19-24; John 10:30)
4. HOLY SPIRIT – We believe that the Holy Spirit is the third Person of the Trinity, one with the Father and the Son, the indweller of every believer whereby each is sealed unto the day of the redemption of the body. (Mark 1:10-11; Eph. 1:13-14;1 Cor. 6:19-20)
5. DEVIL – We believe in the existence and operating power of a real and personal being opposed to all righteousness and exalting himself against all that God is and has, the evil one called Satan or Devil. (Job 1:7; Isa. 14:12-15; Eph. 6:11-12; I Pet 5:8)
6. HELL – We believe in a literal hell, the place of eternal punishment for the wicked dead. (Matt. 18:6-9; Mark 9:42-48; Matt. 25:30-46; Rev. 20:10)
7. HEAVEN – We believe in a literal place called heaven where God’s immediate presence is manifested, where the angels are, and where the redeemed shall ultimately be, from whence Christ descended and ascended again, whence He makes intercession for the saints and from whence He shall come to judge the quick and the dead. (I Pet. 5:22; I Thess. 4:16-18)
8. MAN – We believe that God created man in His own image and in a state of innocence, but that through temptation he willfully transgressed and became dead in trespasses and sins, whereby his posterity inherits a corrupt nature, being born in sin and under condemnation. (Gen. 1:26-28; Gen. 2: 7; John 5:28-29; Rom. 3:23; Rom. 8: 19-22)
9. SALVATION – We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scripture, as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice; that He arose from the dead in His glorified body, ascended into heaven, and as our great High Priest and Advocate He ever lives to make intercession for us; that all who believe on His name are justified on the ground of His shed blood and receive the gift of eternal life by the grace of God. (Rom. 6:23; Rom. 8:31-34; Gal. 2:16; 1 Cor. 15:3-4; Eph. 2:8-9; I Pet. 3:18)
10. REGENERATION – We believe that regeneration is a divine and instantaneous work of the Holy Spirit whereby God imparts life to one dead in trespasses and sin. (Luke 23:39-43; Rom. 6:3-4; Eph. 2:1-10)
11. SANCTIFICATION – We believe that sanctification is a divine and progressive work of the Holy Spirit whereby God, upon the ground of the finished work of Christ on the cross, His present intercessory ministry, and His Divine Word, sets the believer apart and works out, in, and through him by means of a submissive will that which is well pleasing to Himself through Jesus Christ. This work culminates in the redemption of the body. (Rom. 6:22; 1 Cor. 1:30; 2 Thes. 2:13; Rom. 8:29; Rom. 6:11-14)
12. THE CHURCH – We believe in the one true church, the mystical Body and Bride of the Lord Jesus, composed of believers from Pentecost to the Rapture, into which believers are baptized by the Holy Spirit. We believe that the local church is an organization composed of professing believers instituted for the purpose of fellowship, worship, and service. In the matters of administration and policy, it is self-governing. (1 Pet. 2:5; Heb. 10:25; Eph. 4:11-13, 16; John 4:23; John 17:21-23; Eph. 1:22-23.
13. THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST – We believe in the glorious hope of the imminent, visible, and bodily return of Christ. (I Thes. 4:16-18; Heb. 9:27-28; Titus 2:11-14)
14. MARRIAGE – We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man with one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture. (Gen. 2:18-25) We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other. (I Cor. 6:18; 7:2-5; Heb. 13:4) We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman.
15. GENDER – We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person a male or female. These two distinct, complimentary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. (Gen. 1:26-27; Deut. 22:5) Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person.
16. SEXUALITY – We believe that God created sexual intimacy for procreation and enjoyment to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other. (I Cor. 6:18; 7:2-5; Heb. 13:4) We believe that any form of sexual immorality (including but not limited to adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, and use of pornography) is sinful and offensive to God. (Matt. 15:18-20; I Cor. 6:9-10)
17. LIFE – We believe that because God created all human life it is of inestimable worth and to be valued and protected in all its dimensions from conception through natural death. (Psa. 139)