Students’ perspective of the Middle School Leadership Class

Kate George and David Schutt, 7th graders at Southside Christian School
Did you know that you can only see 10% of an iceberg, but the other 90% is hidden underwater? 

This is the same for people, the 10% you see represents our skills, but the other 90% represents our character.
 
In leadership class, we have been learning “Habitudes” such as this. Habitudes, developed by Tim Elmore,  is an image-based leadership development curriculum that enables teachers to prepare any student to become a leader.

We begin each week by examining a picture and recognizing what it symbolizes. We sometimes do interactive activities that help out the community too. 

Earlier this semester, we did a service project with Freedom Within Walls, a nonprofit focused on extinguishing hunger among children. 

We sorted hundreds upon hundreds of checks and files. It took us one week to completely finish the project! 

After our recent lesson on Emotional Fuel, our class decided to take it to the next level. We have decided to fill the hearts of a few of our middle school teachers with “Blessing Baskets,” full of fun gifts and surprises! Hopefully, filling them up!

This is the first year that Southside Christian School has offered Leadership as an elective. Leadership class has given us so many opportunities to grow and develop in our path to being leaders. 

We have already learned so much this semester, and can’t wait to learn more!

“In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’” – Acts 20:35
Back