Campus Master Plan
In partnership with the architectural firm LS3P, Southside Christian School has developed a new Campus Master Plan that outlines our desire to grow into the future. God has been faithful to provide for SCS over our 51 year history. We believe He is calling us to excel still further, equipping more students in a more excellent way.
Master Site Plan Context:
- Increase effectiveness in the pursuit of our mission.
We are at approximately 90-95% capacity with current facilities.
- Wise stewardship of our 40-acre footprint.
We have certain limitations with our 40-acres and need to make the most of it.
- Do all things with excellence in the name of Christ.
What does excellence look like in development of facilities?
What is a Master Site Plan?
- A 30,000 foot conceptual view of the utilization of our 40 acre campus.
- A design that casts vision for how to excel still further as the Lord blesses enrollment.
- We are not announcing a building program or a capital campaign…yet.
What facilities are needed?
- Instructional space to enable enrollment growth, to provide more course and program variety, and to increase learning experiences for all three schools.
- Appropriate instructional space for the Fine Arts (vocal, strings, band, private lessons) that have multiple practice areas and adequate instrument storage.
- Additional gymnasium space for P.E. and athletics, along with supporting locker rooms and training facilities.
Corner Property Purchase
Southside Christian School (SCS) is purchasing the northeast corner lot which was formerly the Kangaroo gas station. The school leadership sought counsel from multiple professionals, and after unanimous SCS Board approval, signed the purchase agreement for well below market value.
Listed below are points of rationale for this purchase:
- It is strategic: Whenever adjacent property becomes available, it is wise to explore the possibility of purchase, as the opportunity will likely not come available again.
- Future tenants: The school will be able to control who the tenants are and can ensure they are in the best interest of our Christian school community.
- Potential long-term revenue: As a commercial property, it has a strong potential to create a revenue stream for the school.
- Potential undetermined school use: If we do not own it, we do not have the option to use it in the future.
- Capital expenditure, not operational expenditure: The purchase of this property does not impact the school’s operational budget. It will not alter the school’s strategic operational priorities, such as employee compensation or tuition rates.
We are very excited to see how God uses this property purchase for the future of Southside Christian School.