We are excited to announce that we are exploring the opportunity to join the Carolina Middle School Conference. This coming school year 2019-2020 will be a probationary year with the CMSC. This conference allows grades 6-8 to compete on middle school teams.
With this change, the following sports are available for grades 6-8:
- Rec. Football for 6th graders
- Rec. Cheer for 6th graders
- JV Cheer for 7th-10th graders
- MS Cross Country for boys and girls 6th-8th graders
- MS Volleyball for 6th-8th graders
- MS Football for 7th-8th graders
- MS Basketball for girls 6th-8th graders
- MS Basketball for boys 6th-8th graders
- MS baseball 6th-8th graders
We are also considering adding the following sports:
- MS track for boys and girls in 6th-8th grade
- MS girls soccer for 6th-8th grade
- MS boys soccer for 6th-8th grade
If you have any questions, please email Mike Johnson.
For any 7th-12th grade students interested in playing golf, please make plans to attend a meeting on Friday, August 9 at 6:30 p.m. in the Fine Arts Center. Coach David Beddingfield will provide information about the upcoming girls and boys golf seasons.
For any 6th-12th grade students interested in Cross Country, new runners are still being accepted. There are no tryouts or cuts, so all experience and ability levels are welcome. All that’s required is a good attitude and a willingness to work hard. Girls are especially needed. For more information, please email Coach Gibbons.